I’m not really a “resolution” kind of gal. You? There are things I appreciate, however, about the idea of taking a fresh look at life when a new year dawns. I hear that it’s the Year of the Sheep for those who follow the Chinese calendar, and since I love sheep, that makes me smile. That got me thinking about what other kind of year it might be. For instance, I’ve got more than a handful of unfinished products lying about: knitting, cross-stitch, scrapbooking… With an eye toward freeing up some space where these projects are stashed I’ve decided that it would be a win-win to make this the year of the finished project. Get my drift?
What sort of year would you like this to be for you? New vacation destination? Recipes to try? Item to check off the bucket list? Let’s have ‘em. Five of them!
Personal Note: So not a resolution girl. I’m not so great with the finishing. Plus, it’s semi-arbitrary.
1. Church involvement – So, I’ve been seeing a new church. It’s early, but things are going well. We believe the same things, but we have enough differences to make it interesting. I don’t really believe in soul mates, but it may be that this church could be “the one.” After I’ve recovered from my surgery, we’re going to see a lot more of each other, and I’m hoping things keep going well.
2. US Exploration – I usually take one international trip a year, but I feel like this year might be the year that I stay in the country and visit some spots I’ve either never seen or haven’t seen in a while. I really want to go to New Orleans and I also want to do an east coast trip from DC to Boston. I’ve discovered that seeing water is kind of important for me to keep my sanity, so there will be a few trips to California and hopefully one to Hawaii.
3. Kitchen Re-org – For my hysterectomy shower, I’ve gotten a lot of great cookbooks. I need to find a place to put them and then I need to make space for some of the new kitchen tools I’ll need to make some of these magnificent creations. I’m going to spend next weekend getting the kitchen moved around and then I’m buying another bookshelf for my living room and some of them will go there as well.
4. Back to yoga – I’ve not been to yoga in a couple of months for some personal reasons but I really need to go back. I’m going to rejoin my studio in March and get my practice on.
5. Career progress – I’ve got some irons in the fire with work stuff and I’m hoping this will take me to SF a few times. Keep your fingers crossed for me!