Trunk or Treat.
All Hallows Eve.
Call it what you want, there’s plenty of holiday love for sweet treats on October 31st. (Consider this your one week warm-up.)
Ain’t gonna lie… Even though there are no Trick-or-Treaters in our home, I still eye the candy aisle with undisguised lust.
What shall it be? Can I resist? Maybe you have a craving for a little something from time to time… join me for this week’s Friday Five!
1. First, Sweet or Salty? Or both? Describe that gotta-have-it treat. (It can be healthy or paleo-friendly, or decadent. We won’t judge!)
Totally depends on my mood. Lately, it’s been more salty, but I certainly don’t turn down a sweet. My favorite candies are Twix and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Unfortunately, we’re entering endless candy season that begins with Halloween and goes through Easter. Whenever Reese’s does a jumbo version of the cup, like a pumpkin, a tree or an Easter egg, I have to indulge. And, not going to lie, I will jump over fire to get to a Cadbury Creme Egg. What were we talking about? *wipes chin*
2. Self-control: How do you help yourself stay strong with the temptation of All That Sugar?
The only way I can stay strong is if I don’t even have it in the house or near my desk. And if I stay away from the Target when I’m in an emotional tailspin, which is happening a lot lately. Vacation in 13 days.
3. Have you successfully cut (or decreased) sugar out of your diet? How did you do it?
I’ve done pretty well decreasing it but if I eliminate it completely, I’ll binge. It’s about setting up my environment. If it’s not available, I have to come up with something else to eat. Fruit helps.
4. What’s one sweet you won’t do without. Ever.
Chocolate. There will always be chocolate.
5. Just for fun: if you were a candy bar, which one would you be?
I’d be a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. Kinda sweet, kinda salty, all fabulous.