Hello Gals and Pals,
Happy Valentine’s Day! I know that some (a lot) of you are digging out from snow and ice and lack of electricity. We feel for you, and love you! Some of you have a love-hate relationship with Valentine’s Day. ‘Nuff said. I happen to enjoy Valentine’s Day in spite of having exactly one date ever on VD (before I was married). I love celebrating Love! So, all that is to say is that our Friday Five is to tell us about five random things that you love.
Ok, so I hate Valentine’s Day. And not for the obvious reasons. I just don’t think it’s romantic to do something romantic when all of society is pressuring you to DO SOMETHING ROMANTIC. I find flowers for no reason on a Thursday in June much more romantic. Just me. I also think we should tell people we love that we love them often, and not once a year because Hallmark tells us to. That said, I’m willing to play here without being a Bitter Betty.
1. I love the weather in Arizona this time of year. Sorry for those of you who are digging out of snow and out of electricity. But seriously – it’s in the 80s here. It’s perfect.
2. I love spending time with my niece and nephew. I love seeing their little personalities form and getting to know their preferences. They are hilarious and adorable.
3. I love shopping. I know – shallow – but I love it. I love following fashion trends, I love watching the runway shows from fashion week, I love watching my niece develop her interest in fashion design, I love all things about fashion and retail.
4. I love the Bible. In seminary I had the privilege of taking both Greek and Hebrew and reading the Bible in its original language. I personally hated Greek but possibly because the teacher wasn’t great. I LOVED Hebrew. It was like reading the Bible in color and English is black & white.
5. I love enjoying a meal with people I love.