oh my, I have really lost track of time!
but I won’t get into THAT now, because what you really need is an extreme random Friday Five, so here goes it:
1. How are you? What’s up with you?
I’m doing well! I’ll be honest, I had a couple of rough weeks there, but I’m back! I’ve discovered that I need to get more involved at work. I’ve been getting a bit bored, but that’s on me to fix. There’s plenty of learning that needs to happen here and it’s up to me to get people trained. Church has been crazy busy! I’m both in charge of worship and on the pastor search committee. I’ve never done that before, so it’s pretty fun. We have an interim coming soon (phew!) and then we begin the search for a new pastor. Starting to get a bit pumped for the holiday season. Fall/winter is my favorite time of year and I’m beginning to think about plans.
2. Last Saturday, I went to the outlet store and stocked up on underwear for the year. I love a bunch of new fresh underdrawers! I also love a cabinet full of paper towels. What silly thing makes you happy?
I love the feel of freshly-shaven legs inside jeans. I also love the smell of printing chemicals (grew up in a print shop).
3. Give a shout out to someone you love, appreciate, or want to thank!
This week’s shoutout goes to the bestie from way back, Lilyan, who celebrated 41 on Wednesday. Yes, I know what OTHER thing that we’re supposed to observe also was Wednesday, but Lilyan was born first, and if we take away her birthday, the terrorists win. Lil and I have been friends for almost 30 years and she’s amazing. You guys should totally meet her.
4. Miss Kansas has the Serenity Prayer tattooed on the side of her body. I sadly do not have a tattoo, and maybe you do, but if you were going to get a prayer tattooed on the side of your body, what would it be?
For me it would either be the Prayer of St. Francis or something from St. Patrick’ Breastplate
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
Where there is injury, pardon.
Where there is doubt, faith.
Where there is despair, hope.
Where there is darkness, light.
Where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master,
Grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
To be understood, as to understand;
To be loved, as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive.
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
And it is in dying that we are born to Eternal Life.
St. Patrick’s Prayer is really long. Well, too long for a side body tattoo. Here’s the part I would choose:
I bind to myself today God’s Power to guide me,
God’s Might to uphold me,
God’s Wisdom to teach me,
God’s Eye to watch over me,
God’s Ear to hear me,
God’s Word to give me speech,
God’s Hand to guide me,
God’s Way to lie before me,
God’s Shield to shelter me,
God’s Host to secure me
5. Use some or all or a form of the following words in a sentence: jello, kittens, mercy, dump-truck, tabouleh, terror, skipping, monkey, Rev., health, and snoring.
Snoring loudly, the Rev. was awakened from the dream that filled her with terror, the dream of a dump truck full of kittens driving toward a river of jello.
I am off to interview for a dog-walking job. When I am back, I will look forward to reading your randomness!