Mary Beth writes:
You know how sometimes you just want to have a hymn sing?
Well, today is that day.
Share with the group five favorite hymns or praise songs or songs that bring you close to the Spirit (that’s a pretty wide net!) and why they are special to you.
Bonus if you can share Youtube videos or audio files of one or two or more.
You guys are in luck! I’ve got amazing taste in music. Seriously. Actually, this is a timely Five because I’ve been re-acquainting myself with some worship faves and getting to know some new ones as well. Some of my favorite worship leaders are Rita Springer, Shane & Shane, and the new Hillsongs United album is AMAZING. Frankly, the idea of narrowing this down to five is really daunting.
1. Worth it All, by Rita Springer
2. Unto You, by Shane & Shane
3. Passion: Hymns Ancient and Modern (whole album – is that cheating?)
4. Because You Are by Everybodyduck. This is a band made up of friends from my youth and I sang with them for a bit. This is sort of the opposite of most worship songs in that it’s about worshiping God because God deserves worship, not because we “feel it.”
5. You are Good, by Israel and New Breed. Because you have to get your gospel on.
Bonus: Israel & New Breed’s version of Here I Am to Worship. It’s a bit of a marathon, but it’s AMAZEBALLS. You’re welcome.