Advent blessings to you!
Our Friday Five today is taken from a small lucite box of questions called “Table Topics” that someone gave me. They are supposed to be discussion starters at all of the dinner parties one gives. I think some of them are fun, so here they are:
1. In what era would you most like to have grown up, and what would be your occupation?
I would like to have grown up in the 1930s and 1940s and be a spy during WWII, a la The White Mouse.
2. What fashion trend you followed was very cool then but now looks ridiculous?
The hair would not work now for sure, although loved it for that time. also, the whole stockings with the line up the back – or stockings at all for that matter. I loved that women wore hats a lot then and they were amazing, but wearing hats like that nowadays would get you some looks.
3. If you could work as an assistant to anyone for a year who would you choose?
I would love to work for and learn from Bobbi Silten, Chief Foundation Officer for the charitable arm of my company. She is grace personified, so intelligent, connected and yet so down-to-earth. I could learn a ton from her about being a grown-up 🙂 Also, I want to learn to be a spy.
4. What did you get in most trouble for when you were young?
My mouth. Good heavens, I was a brat!
5. What are the redeeming qualities of the person you most dislike?
She is a great communicator and taught me the value of getting to the root of issues and not getting emotionally involved.