Four years ago, Focus on the Family sent this letter to their supporters, predicting what the world would look like in 2012 if Obama were elected. Well, they say they’re not “predictions” so much as “natural outcomes” based on what Obama and his people were planning to do. The letter is something like 16 pages long, but these are a few of my favorites.
- High schools are no longer free to allow “See You at the Pole” meetings where students pray together, or any student Bible studies even before or after school.
- Homosexuals are now given special bonuses for enlisting in military service
- Church buildings are now considered a “public accommodation” by the Supreme Court, and churches have no freedom to refuse to allow their buildings to be used for wedding ceremonies for homosexual couples.
- It’s almost impossible to keep children from seeing pornography.
- Parents’ freedom to teach their children at home has been severely restricted.
- Since 2009, terrorist bombs have exploded in two large and two small U.S. cities, killing hundreds, and the entire country is fearful, for no place seems safe. President Obama in each case has vowed “to pursue and arrest and prosecute those responsible,” but no arrests have been made.
- Conservative talk radio, for all intents and purposes, was shut down by the end of 2010.
A number of folks have pointed out that these really haven’t come true at all. We know that I’m not a fan of the Focus on the Family cult or their scare tactics and I like to send them fun emails now and again, just for my own entertainment. Obviously, since we’re nearing an election, I want to know what’s going to happen in the next four years if Obama is re-elected, just so I know what to expect.
So, just for fun, I sent them this email tonight. Wonder if I’ll get a response?
Jim Daly had so many AWESOME predictions (sorry – “natural outcomes”) for what 2012 would look like if Obama were elected so I was wondering if he has any more in case Obama gets re-elected.
It’s such a bummer that none of my friends’ kids can pray at school any more. Of course, the kids cheered up when they saw all the porn everywhere. Their foster parents are glad they don’t have to watch them as much, though. They’re in foster care, you see, because their parents were jailed for trying to homeschool them. Fortunately, they’re young enough not to have to go to war in Iraq, since they were taken over by the Taliban. But the rolling blackouts scare them to death. I wish I could on conservative talk radio to help soothe their nerves but, well, you know, it was banned.
I can’t wait to see the list so I know what to get ready for in the next four years, just in case. Thanks!