OK I’ll admit it, right now I am exhausted, there is so much going on and so much to do that I fell like I am running around in small circles, add to that the fact that there is so much that I’d like to do ….
What I need to do is give myself permission (make myself) to stop and to refocus, to breath the air and smell the roses to get perspective and to rest in God’s presence, and sometimes that can be hard to achieve but I know that the harder it gets, the more essential it becomes. Somewhere deep inside I hear the Spirit whispering to my soul:
Live in me, make your home in me just as I do in you. In the same way that a branch can’t bear grapes by itself, but only by being joined to the vine, you can’t bear fruit unless you are joined to me… (John 15: 4)
So I want to ask you
1. How do you intentionally make a vital daily connection with God? What roots you and gives you life?
I’ve not been as good at this lately as I need to be and I think it’s the cause of some personal frustration. What roots me and gives me life is TBD at this point, although my daily bible reading app on the phone is a good start.
2. Do you have a favourite space/ place that you go to?
I enjoy going to the beach/ocean, somewhere quiet and scenic. Napa is nice, too. I have a lot of options, but haven’t taken advantage of them lately. I’m going to get right on that.
3. Is there a particular passage, phrase or prayer that brings you immediately into God’s presence?
I like the Jesus Prayer for centering. I also like Brennan Manning’s “Abba, I belong to you.” Psalm 62 is my go-to passage.
4. Music- essential ingredient or distraction- discus
5. Silence and solitude or engagement with like minded others?
Silence & solitude for sure. However, not so much as in the absence of people, but as in the presence of God.