This Friday-Saturday is our annual Women’s Retreat at my church. It’s one of my favorite 24 hours of the year, because we enjoy each other, we laugh, we cry, we support each other..and all of that good stuff!
So, since I am in the WR mode, let’s talk about women in your life!
1. Name a woman author you very much love to read.
I love Frances Hodgson Burnett, particularly A Little Princess. That one makes me cry every time. The story of Sara going from riches to rags to riches again, and being so selfless and having her goodness triumph over the evil Miss Minchin is beautiful and full of grace.
2. Name a woman from the Bible with whom you would like to enjoy a nice long coffee talk.
Probably Hannah. There’s not a lot of info about her, but she gave up her son and then we don’t hear a lot more, except that she was rewarded with a lot more children. I’d love to hear more about her life after that and how she dealt with that.
3. Name a famous woman from history with whom you would like to have lunch.
Abigail Adams. She was such a strong voice (through her husband) in the founding of our country – so intelligent & well-spoken. She found a way to be heard in a time when women were relegated to very specific role.
4. Name a living famous or infamous woman with whom you would like to go out to dinner.
Angelina Jolie. I heart her. I feel we could be best friends. Don’t judge me.
5. If you could be SuperWoman (o.k., I know you already ARE) what three special powers would you like to have?
Invisibility, flying and the ability to stop time so I can get stuff done, and then start it back up again.