Ever since I was little, I heard that Santa is making a list and checking it twice. I can see why he has to keep checking it, because there is so much to do before Christmas! Only nine days left, and I don’t have church services to plan, but there is much left to be done. My daughter-in-law tells me that she feels behind, which is how I have been feeling.
No matter how organized you are, there must be some things you still need to do. For this Friday Five, tell us five things on your Christmas “To Do” List. Include anything you have decided to skip doing this year. As abonus, give us something that helps you remember why this season even exists.
1. Buy a plane ticket. My Christmas isn’t until January 7th, so I actually have a bit more time that the rest of you folks. Unless some of my readers are Orthodox, in which case, we’re kind of on the same page.
2. Skipped Christmas cards. Decided I didn’t want the expense and didn’t want to take the time. Sorry kids.
3. Make fudge. I usually make fudge at least once a year and haven’t done it yet this year. Last year I made pumpkin fudge – amazeballs. I will probably have to do that again.
4. Shopping. Because of the aforementioned late Christmas, I can do my shopping in a more leisurely fashion. I can also cash in on some After-Christmas sales.
5. Finish/Practice for the Christmas Eve service. I’m leading our Lessons & Carols service. It’s pretty much laid out, just need to finish the program and add a couple of things