I don’t know about you, but my life seems to have a lot of random surprises lately. Just little things, like the doggy in the picture, who was rescued by a Good Samaritan from running into traffic, who then brought him to the police, who brought him to my neighbor’s house. I took the doggy, now named Scout, to the vet on Monday, and the woman behind the desk said, “This dog looks so familiar. Were you here last week?” I told her no, that this particular dog is a stray, and she looked at me, and said (use your best Boston accent here), “Oh my GAWD! I rescued that dog on Satuhday! I took him to the police!” and then she proceeded to tell me the story. She was Scout’s angel.
So, for our Friday Five, I invite you share five random things about you, or five random thoughts, or five random surprises in your life.
Just be random!
Here’s my play:
1. This weekend I slept a lot. I have fibromyalgia syndrome, which I don’t talk about a lot, but it’s exacerbated by stress, and I’ve had a lot of that lately. I handle stress by sleeping to avoid it, so this weekend was super sleepy. Sometimes I wish I could be more productive with my time off and not sleep as much, but when the body crashes, it crashes and there’s not much I can do.
2. I don’t like ginger or fennel.
3. I alternate my wardrobe between warm and cool color schemes during the week. I plan what I’m wearing in advance and make sure there’s variety. Seriously.
4. I’m the opposite of a hoarder. I get this from my mother. I freely get rid of clothing and other things. If I haven’t worn something in a year, it’s gone.
5. I really enjoy audio books. I’m currently listening to The Paris Wife, a fictionalized but true to history book about Hadley Richardson, Ernest Hemingway’s first wife.