It’s been a busy week for me, trying to get back into the routine after a post-Easter vacation. (How did it get to be Easter 3?) So to keep it simple, here’s a Word Association Friday Five, with a bonus twist for those feeling creative. First, for each of these five words — all of which remind me of my *most* excellent vacation — share the first word that comes to mind when you read it.
(being myself, I can’t keep it to one word, so I’ll share a few for each)
1) Airport – means to an end, I think they’re interesting & I have little rituals for different ones. At PHX I always eat at Paradise Bakery. In denver, I always buy a lipstick at The Body Shop. Same at SFO Terminal 2.
2) Baseball -Not a fan of the baseball. However, a few weeks ago I went to a game with some friends & they have CRAZY good seats. I almost felt in that moment that I could become a baseball fan.
3) Art – I have come to the conclusion more recently that while I appreciate art from all eras and historical periods, I am actually most moved emotionally by modern art. Photography is my favorite medium because I love the moments of real life that it capturess
4) Chocolate – OMG. How would one live w/o chocolate? The darker the better. There is no reason for milk chocolate.
5) Grill – I am from AZ so we grill year-round. My brother has become quite the expert & he usually smokes our Thanksgiving turkey on the grill. It’s awesome.
Bonus: Tell us a story that comes to mind based on one of the word pairs.