My family is heading out to my husband’s parents for the weekend later today. They would have preferred that we come at Easter, but I preferred that my choir director not bring my life to an early end! (Five liturgies to sing between Thursday and Sunday, two with major solos). So Low Sunday it is.
Some Gals and Pals may have been able to travel to join family or visit a vacation spot last week; some who had to stay put then may be traveling this weekend; and, if I recall correctly, some lucky ones are heading out to the Big Event next weekend. Hence: a road trip Friday Five.
1. When was your last, or will be your next, out of town travel?
I went to Hawaii the first week of March and I’ll be going to PHX to see the fam in 3 weeks.
2. Long car trips: love or loathe?
Used to enjoy but no longer. I have criss-crossed the country by car and now I’m all about the friendly skies.
3. Do you prefer to be driver or passenger?
I could go either way, as long as I get to control the music 🙂
4. If passenger, would you rather pass the time with handwork, conversing, reading, listening to music, or ???
I read until the nausea sets in, then conversing, music or listening to an audio book. I also just like to soak in the sights.
5. Are you going, or have you ever gone, on a RevGals BE? Happiest memories of the former, and/or most anticipated pleasures of the latter?
Not going and never been. Maybe next year.
6. Bonus: a favorite piece of road trip music.
Bonnie Raitt’s Nick of Time album. It’s PERFECT.