I am reading a wonderful little book for Advent it’s title: “Do nothing Christmas is Coming!”
So this weeks Friday Five is simple.
List Five things you won’t be doing to prepare for Christmas.
And while you are doing nothing play the bonus, put your feet up and listen to your favourite Advent Carol, and post it or a link to it…
1. Sending Christmas cards. I do it every year, but this year, I’ve decided against it. I ‘ve never done the dreaded Christmas letter. If I want you to know what’s going on in my life you already do. I just can’t justify the expense or the time investment this time.
2. A ton of baking. I might do some, but this year it will be a bit less. We’ll see if the mood strikes me.
3. Traveling. I have to wait until January to do Christmas w/ my family so I’ll avoid the craze during peak times. Until I go home I get to enjoy the day and go see Sherlock Holmes with my dear friend Anni!
4. Hosting ANYTHING. Sometimes a girl gets tired of always being the hostess. This year, I’m not in charge of anything, and I’m doing small gatherings with various groups of friends and it will be lovely and intimate and not stressful.
5. Stressing out. I don’t have any church responsibilities this year, I have spa treatments on the calendar and I’m working fewer hours now than I have in a while (that is to say 40, rather than 60). I will get a tree, decorate, savor and enjoy, and not freak about manufactured obligations. It feels good.