Singing Owl writes:
Lately I seem to be encountering many people who have a very difficult time finding anything good to say about themselves. They are able to extend grace and forgiveness to others but find it difficult to extend that same grace to themselves.
With that in mind, let’s share some healthy affirmation today! Tell us five things you like about yourself!
Welcome to my world. I say things to myself in my head that I would NEVER say to another person. So, here goes:
1. I am a really good singer, and I love that I have that ability. I’m really grateful for my musical genes and roots. Music has such universal appeal and I’m glad I have that.
2. I am hilarious. I have a great sense of humor and I love that I can usually make most people laugh.
3. I am wicked smart. When I get old, if I lose my mind, that will be way worse than any physical ailments.
4. I am good with kids. There are a lot of folks who feel awkward trying to relate to children, but I don’t. I enjoy hanging out with the wee ones and hearing their point of view.
5. I am a good friend. I take care of the folks around me. I look out for them, protect them, feed them and try to encourage them as often as possible.