1. A big move is looming, name one thing that you could not possibly part with, it must be packed ?
I don’t know that I have one thing, but one category of things and that would be my growing collection of fabulous shoes.
2. Name one thing that you would gladly leave behind…
My janky Ikea dressers.
3. How do you prepare for a move
Lots of purging. It’s amazing how much stuff one accumulates without knowing it.
b. spiritually/ emotionally?
By looking forward. I’m not a wistful person who forms attachments to inanimate objects easily, so it’s not hard for me to pick up and move to a new pad. There are good things about both the old and new places and I acknowledge them and move on.
4. What is the first thing you look for in a new place?
A decent kitchen and space to entertain.
5. Do you settle in easily, or does it take time for you to find your feet in a new location?
It takes a few weeks to get a feel for the character and amenities of a new neighborhood.
The bonus for today; a new opportunity has come up for you to spend 5 years in a new area, where would you go and why?
Easy – Europe. I’d love to spend time there with the food, music, architecture and art. I’d pick up and do that in a heartbeat.