The rules are pretty basic
- in about 25 words each, answer the following five questions;
- tag five presbyterian bloggers and send them a note to let them know they were tagged;
- be sure to link or send a trackback to this post;
- What is your earliest memory of being distinctly Presbyterian?
Here’s the thing. I’m not Presbyterian. I’m only doing this so I don’t get fired. If I ever feel distinctly Presbyterian, however, you’ll be the first to know. I did go here in college – does that help?
- On what issue/question should the PC(USA) spend LESS energy and time?
I think all denominations need to get out of self-preservation mode. They’re all on the decline – get over it. Stop trying to save yourselves and realize that the only way to be first is to be last.
- On what issue/question should the PC(USA) spend MORE energy and time?
I would like to see any denomination that has the resources that the PC(USA) has spend them on how they can truly bring the Kingdom of God to this world, feeing the poor, healing the sick, bringing value to those whom society has cast out.
- If you could have the PC(USA) focus on one passage of scripture for a entire year, what would it be? John 15:1-8 1“I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes[a] so that it will be even more fruitful. 3You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
5“I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6If anyone does not remain in me, he is like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. 8This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.
- If the PC(USA) were an animal what would it be and why?
Is ostrich with their head in the sand too harsh?
Extra Credit: Jesus shows up at General Assembly this year, what does he say to the Presbyterian Church (USA)?
Jesus doesn’t go to meetings. He told me.
Tagging 5 Presbyterian bloggers….Hmmm…Ok. Kind of don’t know 5 Presbyterian Bloggers. I know Ladyburg. She can do it. Who else? Hmmm… I know Presbyterians and I know Bloggers, but I don’t know Presbyterian Bloggers. Do you see my dilemma? I’ll try Cheesehead, although I don’t know for sure if she’s Presbyterian or not. Yeah, I’m out. If you’re a Presbyterian, though, and you read this, consider yourself tagged.