Ok – I’m choosing to out myself as one of Bruce’s friends who is all about the cheese this time of year. I’m seriously on it. The house is decorated and I have a REAL tree. While there are exceptions, the fake tree is generally not ok, and if you choose to get one, I will judge you. One of my co-workers was looking for a fake tree on the interwebs and wasn’t having much luck – I told her to Google, “the death of all Christmas spirit.” I think she found it.
Following Bruce’s lead, and because I generally have better taste in music than he does, here is my list of my favorite Christmas albums in no particular order:
1. James Taylor – At Christmas
2. Barenaked Ladies – Barenaked for the Holidays
3. Christmas by the Fireside – a best of with Nat, Bing, Peggy Lee, Dean Martin, etc.
4. Christmas Songs – Diana Krall
5. George Winston – December
6. First Call – An Evening in December, vols. 1 & 2
7. Harry Connick, Jr. – Harry for the Holidays
8. Handel’s Messiah: A Soulful Celebration
9. Selah – Rose of Bethlehem
10. Sarah McLachlan – Wintersong
11. A Winter Night’s Song – Various
UPDATE: On Ladyburg’s recommendation, I purchased the Sufjan Stevens album. LOVE IT!